Back for round 2....options needed! ;-)

starsfan33

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2014
Nevada, TX
Ok folks, as you may recall...my last post/thread was about a 12x24 (or 23) pool that I bought on CL. After much painsteaking work, to no avail this pool was a bust with missing parts and damaged pieces that left us throwing in the towel and opting to look at some lower cost NEW pools.

My question is this....

I am looking at two pools.

This one made by Embassy PoolCo: http://crownpools.com/project/embassy-century/ that I would likely purchase from Crown Pools.

or.....

This one made by....supposedly (but not easily verifiable yet) Sharkline/Wilbar

https://www.recdirectfactoryoutlets.com/pool_options.php?ID=3&size=30&x=75&y=22

RecDirect is a company locally that sells hotubs and pools and offers inhouse financing. (I likely would just pay cash)

I do not know much about them...but Crown Pools has been in business locally FOREVER! So what to do?

Any thoughts, insight, recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at the 30' options.

If you know anything about either of these pools/companies...id appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Steve ;-)

PS....I am also looking for installers in the Collin County/Rockwall County area in TEXAS. if you have any recommendations, please share!!!

Welcome starsfan33!

Can't really help with your decision but I will tell you I have a Sharkline Venture from Pool Supply World and I love my resin pool. The only thing that is steel is the wall and the uprights and everything else is resin. So simple to put together too. :goodjob:

I himmed and hawed over mine too so I know what you're going through. Sometimes, you just gotta bite! :shark: :mrgreen:

I swear that Celebrity model looks exactly like my Harbortown. The description sounds similar as well. I have had no problems with mine so far and love the looks of it in our yard. I got the 28' but am almost wishing I would have gone larger.

Good luck with your choice! :)

I swear that Celebrity model looks exactly like my Harbortown. The description sounds similar as well. I have had no problems with mine so far and love the looks of it in our yard. I got the 28' but am almost wishing I would have gone larger. Good luck with your choice! :)

Hey Northrn!

That is (in my opinion) the exact same pool! The guy told me it was made for his company BY SHARKLINE/WILBAR

Would you happen to have a picture of your pool??? I would love to see how it looks in a real world picture!

Thanks,
Steve

It's only in the ground a few inches. I wanted to sink it lower but it would have voided the warranty according to the pool store.

We filled with 2 garden hoses and it was full in 2 days. The view of the pool is from my small existing deck. I chose to have the pump/filter installed on the back side of the pool so it wasn't seen from the house. We went with a 150 sq ft Black Diamond cartridge filter and I must say I'm very happy with it. Fifteen minutes a couple of times a month with the garden hose and it's clean! I'm hoping to get a few years out of it but replacement filters aren't too hateful - about $320.

Initially, we were sold a hybrid salt system and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I later found through this forum that it was a copper ion system so I turned it off after the first week. Since then, it's been bleach and MA. Not a single bit of trouble! I've just started borating this week. :mrgreen: so sparkly!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's only in the ground a few inches. I wanted to sink it lower but it would have voided the warranty according to the pool store.

We filled with 2 garden hoses and it was full in 2 days. The view of the pool is from my small existing deck. I chose to have the pump/filter installed on the back side of the pool so it wasn't seen from the house. We went with a 150 sq ft Black Diamond cartridge filter and I must say I'm very happy with it. Fifteen minutes a couple of times a month with the garden hose and it's clean! I'm hoping to get a few years out of it but replacement filters aren't too hateful - about $320.

Initially, we were sold a hybrid salt system and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I later found through this forum that it was a copper ion system so I turned it off after the first week. Since then, it's been bleach and MA. Not a single bit of trouble! I've just started borating this week. :mrgreen: so sparkly!

Do you remember if the bottem pieces on this pool are the metal plates, or the plastic/resin cuffs for the wall track to slide into?

Thanks,
Steve

I am pretty sure I am sold on this pool! I love the way yours looks. The thing killing me now is trying to decide on the filter/pump. It comes with a cartridge filter and 2hp/2speed pump but the more I read the more I think I may prefer a sand filter.

I actualy have a rather large sand filter that came with the previous pool that seems to be working. It is a clearwater model...the lables showing the model/spec info is faded so I cant tell much beyond that.

Thoughts/advise?

I am paying 2600.00 for the pool itself. Still trying to get prices for the install but Crown has quoted me 1500.00 on the install (im not buying the pool from them). I am going to keep looking I am determined to get the install down to 1k or less. :)

I'm not very pool savvy so that's why I went with the cartridge. One piece, pull it out, hose it down, reinsert. Sand filters, back washing, sand channeling, more parts than I knew what they were. Cartridge just seemed easier. And it filters beautifully.

My ballpark was $5500 and I didn't lift a finger. Wouldn't have known where to start. :lol:

I'm not very pool savvy so that's why I went with the cartridge. One piece, pull it out, hose it down, reinsert. Sand filters, back washing, sand channeling, more parts than I knew what they were. Cartridge just seemed easier. And it filters beautifully.

My ballpark was $5500 and I didn't lift a finger. Wouldn't have known where to start. :lol:

Northern,

How long have you had the pool up and running?

I wish I knew some pool installers in Collin County, TX. They are hard to find it seems unless you are buying your pool from one of the high dollar stores around town.

Starsfan33,
I have a couple of names of above ground installers in the Dallas area that you might contact. Let me know if you are interested.

Tara, I am certianly interested!!! I will PM you!

By the way...I did decied on a pool, and actualy pulled the trigger on it TODAY! I called Blake from Pool Supply World and purchased the Sharkline Venture 27'x54

:)

Cant wait for it to get here and get the install underway! I will keep everyone posted!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.