Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: buying a used heatpump

1. Back To Top    #1

buying a used heatpump

Well, I know its a risk, but I am looking at a used hayward 110k btu heatpump. Its 2 years old. Its not hooked up, so I dont know for sure its working. I can get it for less than 25% of internet price. Thoughts????

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: buying a used heatpump

well if it works sounds like a deal....if not, you are out the $$ not much more I can add...sorry!
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

3. Back To Top    #3

Watch out for the type of refrigerant it uses, if it is R-22 which is being discontinued for environmental reasons it could cost you an arm and a leg to recharge
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

Its a newer unit using the newer refrigerant.

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok, just checking as they are still selling models with R-22 or they were a few months ago even though it is on the way out
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

You better get a check to make sure it actually HAS refrigerant in it. Also, make sure the person selling can provide you some proof they actually own it.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,