Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Vacuum for skimmer?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Vacuum for skimmer?

Hi Everyone - I installed a Hayward skimmer on my pool and it has the vacuum attachment. What do you recommend as a vacuum? I have an intex 16' by 48" deep pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Vacuum for skimmer?

Quote Originally Posted by The Diesel View Post
    Hi Everyone - I installed a Hayward skimmer on my pool and it has the vacuum attachment. What do you recommend as a vacuum? I have an intex 16' by 48" deep pool.
    We have the Hayward and the Intex deluxe maintanence kit works great with it. $39.99
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

3. Back To Top    #3

I went to Leslie's and bought a vacuum hose, head and telescoping pole. I got tired of the flimsy Intex pole and accessories. Having a regular pole is nice because standard accessories fit it.
    Intex UltraFrame 14'x48in - 3,900 gallons. Intex 1600 GPH combo Sand Filter/SWG Hard Plumbed w/Hayward skimmer, suction & return. Borates.
    And... 15k gallon kidney shaped gunite 1975 vintage. Hayward DE3620 filter + Hayward 750 pump.
    TF100 Test Kit | Pool School | Pool Math

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is the cheap intex pole that comes with the easy set pools beside the one that comes in the maintenance kit. The white one is a lot heavier duty.

Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Second for the deluxe maintenance kit... It fits...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven