New FG Pool questions

Hello, this is my first post. I am looking at doing a new build. This will will be my first pool. I am in North Fort Worth, Texas, and I am seriously considering a fiberglass pool.

From what I can tell all of the major brands, Viking, Trilogy, and Blue Hawaiian are now owned by the same company Latham. Does it matter which brand you buy now? I understand that the installer is the most important factor for FG pools. Can anyone recommend a FG pool installer in the DFW area? Right now I am looking at GnS Renovations.

Also from all I have read FG pools have very little downside besides issues that arise from improper install. Can anyone tell me some reasons why I should not consider a Fiberglass pool?

Thank you for your help.

When we started talking about putting in a pool, we considered vinyl, gunite, and fiberglass. After doing a bunch of research and based on experiences of other people with pools, we elected to go with fiberglass. About the only downside I see with fiberglass is that you are limited to how big a pool can fit on a truck trailer. Our pool is 16' x 37' which is plenty big enough for us. We didn't want a diving board so the 6 1/2 foot deep end is fine.

I really think pool maintenance is much easier with fiberglass. Nice smooth surfaces make it difficult for algae to start. No changes over time due to the pool surface leaching stuff.

Being in NC, I can't offer any recommendation on a pool builder in DFW. But, I think all the major fiberglass pools are of roughly equal quality. Go with the company with a pool model that you like. And, yes, the quality of the PB is paramount. The greatest fiberglass pool in the world will be junk if not properly installed. You can find some fiberglass pool installation horror stories here on TFP if you search. We have a San Juan fiberglass pool and we were happy with the PB.

I have had a Viking fiber glass pool for four years and am very happy. Nice feel to the pool,easy to clean and I use ppg's sustain pool chemical system and get excellent test results with my Taylor test kit. I would recommend that you be sure to get the 16 ft wide pool not a 14.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.