TroubleFreePat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
While the pool is "open" and running daily, we're really not using it much because of the weather. When I opened the pool, we still had 7.5 FC and 0 CC, so I never slammed. I also never turned the SWG on because I had been monitoring FC and with our auto cover, it just wasn't dropping.

I was away for the BEAUTIFUL weekend weather and the wife had the pool open all weekend. I came home and FC is 0. I brought FC up to 6.5 (At 11:00pm last night) and then let it sit so I could check it this am. Auto cover was closed overnight and this morning. I just checked the FC and we're at 5, with a CC of .5. Not as early as I wanted to check it this AM, but VERY overcast.

So do I need to slam at this point? Or let the SWG run normally again today, check it tonight and in the morning again?

Full results -

FC 5
CC .5
PH 7.2 (Next on the list of things to do)
TA 80
CH 220
CYA 70
Temp 75 degrees

I would check it again tomorrow before the sun comes up.

From 11:00pm last night to 8:20am this morning (Sun was up, but we don't get any early sun on the pool - and kids were away so I got to sleep in for once!) - FC went from 5.5 to 5. CC was MAYBE 0.5 last night and this morning there's barely no discernible color change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.