Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: southern PA pool install

1. Back To Top    #1

York, PA

southern PA pool install

I just wanted to give a break down of the costs for my pool install in southern PA.

The pool
    I got the pool at Leslie's pool supply. Its the embassy ambassador buttress free oval 30x15. Original price was $4400 but with the memorial day sale it came to $3600 with the upgraded liner. I bought it as a kit. So the leader filter pump skimmer and everything to get started was included. It took about 2 weeks to come in. I had to pick it up at the store.

The dig
    I have a big slope in my yard. I had a farmer I know dig the slope out so we were within 5-6" of level. I threw him $200 for his time and fuel. He also let m use his trailer to get the 5 tons of sand the installers wanted. $30 a ton.

The install
    I thought I may be able to handle this myself. But after reading here I realized it was to much for me to handle. I worked some overtime to pay for a company to install it. $1300. Its a half day job for them. Where im guessing it would have taken me at least 2 weekends.

the pool is 12000 gallons. And with my budget already shot I didn't think I could get a truck load. I was surprised when I called it was only $195 for 6000 gallons. So I got one truck. The rest will come from my hose.

the pump is 100 feet from my panel. I got an estimate for $1100 I think that's a fair price. Not that I even have a dollar left for this. Lol the trenchant was $650 and the rest was $450. My plan is to run off an extension cord for a bit unfilled I can rent a trencher and do that myself. I will still pay the electrician for the wiring part

the permit in my borough was $179.

Wit the slope I needed a fence on the short side of the pool. I got it off amazon for $200.

2. Back To Top    #2
    NE Florida

Re: southern PA pool install

Great info. Remember, we LOVE pictures of the progression and of the end result.
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Re: southern PA pool install

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter