How many Gallons do I have

Apr 1, 2010
Ok, maybe my math is a little off but here's what i got. I've had my pool for about 5 yrs now and i've asked the pool company how many gallons i have in the pool my math is this the pool is 14 x32 x 5' 6'(deep end). now to me the depth goes from 3'4" - 5' 6" so the average is about what 4.5? if thats the case then I have what on average 15K gallon pool. if so the pool company is saying its 8500 gallons. can someone shed some light on this for me pls thanks.

scott

It appears you are correct. 15000 is a good rough number.

You did measure the actual water depth and not the wall height, correct? Pay close attention when you add chemicals. If you constantly overshoot when you adjust pH or alkalinity, plug 14000 into poolmath and see if things work out better. Or if you always seem to come up short, call it 16000. Just keep fine tuning and eventually you'll know within a couple hundred gallons how big the pool is.

Morning Mr. Richard,

yes i did acutally measure the depth and not on the sides. i guess i should have asked the water company after i got the bill when I filled it up...:) thanks for the reply..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.