Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How many Gallons do I have

1. Back To Top    #1

Question How many Gallons do I have

Ok, maybe my math is a little off but here's what i got. I've had my pool for about 5 yrs now and i've asked the pool company how many gallons i have in the pool my math is this the pool is 14 x32 x 5' 6'(deep end). now to me the depth goes from 3'4" - 5' 6" so the average is about what 4.5? if thats the case then I have what on average 15K gallon pool. if so the pool company is saying its 8500 gallons. can someone shed some light on this for me pls thanks.

scott
    Infinity Trilogy pool 14 X 32
    Pentair Filter with Cartridges
    1 hp Hayward variable speed pump
    mineral springs SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How many Gallons do I have

It appears you are correct. 15000 is a good rough number.

You did measure the actual water depth and not the wall height, correct? Pay close attention when you add chemicals. If you constantly overshoot when you adjust pH or alkalinity, plug 14000 into poolmath and see if things work out better. Or if you always seem to come up short, call it 16000. Just keep fine tuning and eventually you'll know within a couple hundred gallons how big the pool is.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Morning Mr. Richard,

yes i did acutally measure the depth and not on the sides. i guess i should have asked the water company after i got the bill when I filled it up... thanks for the reply..
    Infinity Trilogy pool 14 X 32
    Pentair Filter with Cartridges
    1 hp Hayward variable speed pump
    mineral springs SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

I get about 13,000 gallons. You could call Trilogy and ask them just to see what they say.

If I just use 3' as the depth I get right at 10,000 gallons.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Pentair has a pool volume calculator here:

It says you have close to 15,000 gallons.