Hi, I'm new, and I apologize if this has been asked 1000 times. I've searched the site and it seems like I'm on the right track but I wanted to post my plan and see if any one sees any issues.
1. I'm installing an Intex 12x24 ultraframe pool.
2. I've rough-leveled the ground by removing material (see picture). Level is checked by using a 5 ft. masonry level on a 16' 4x4 that I've verified is straight.
3. There are pits and valleys in the hard desert soil, some about 1" deep so I plan to add an inch or so of sand to smooth everything out.
4. Build a frame of 2x6 pressure-treated lumber around the border to hold the sand in and keep the surrounding dirt/gravel out. The border will be 15' x27' to leave room for the supports.
5. Rent a tamper to compact the sand
6. Screed the sand using the level border boards as my guide
6. Use 12x12 cement pavers for supporting the support legs. Pavers will be dug out as needed to be level with the pool bottom.
7. Use owen foamular foam underneath the pool bottom itself.
Does it sound like a workable plan? Thanks. Here is a picture of the leveled site: