pool heater piping question

Looks good and thanks guys for the pix I hope to start on my install on Saturday. All my stuff is close to the pool 16' from the house and 6' from the pool. Its a Hayward H200FD just finished reversing everything from right to left. Hardest part is now the digging for the gas line have to be careful have sprinkler system. lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey cobra - Halas hall is still here. this is where bears practice during season. They used to practice in Platville, WI. Now down in Bourbonnais.

I wish I had to heat my water as much as richard!!! So far I am heating water 99% of time we use pool. Need warmer weather!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:Dhere are the last 3.
SmallPoolHeaterHookup6-29-30_2_zps0a05acf0.jpg
[/URL]
SmallPoolHeaterHookup6-29-30_1_zps95fc3483.jpg
[/URL]
SmallPoolHeaterHookup6-29-30_6_zpsb0f7e31f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] :D

I just plumbed a Hayward 100K BTU for intex 16 foot metal frame. I used 1 1/2 inch pipe. Buy a 2 inch male NPT to 1 1/2 inch PVC on either side. I then glued a union so I can easily remove pipes from heater if needed. I elected to plumb a heater bypass T on with side with three ball valves (bypass, heater inflow/outflow after bypass). Having done so, I let water run through heater 100% of time and heat as needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.