So I started this original thread which has the products I am using and some background:
I ended up having to leave out of the country for a couple weeks. I re-tested things today, but I still feel sort of lost/confused. I talked to two different pool companies and getting a lot of differing answers
Here's my results from today (note that it also rained fairly hard today for whatever difference that can make(:
FC = 1.0ppm
CC = 1.0ppm
pH = 8.0 (Took 2 drops to get to a 7.6)
TA = 100
CH = 330
These are the main questions I still have some sort of confusion with:
- What do I need to do normalize everything?
- How can I figure out my pool gallon size accurately enough to do chemicals correctly?
- Ideally, how are chlorine, pH, ALK and CH adjusted up or down?
- When I test weekly, what exact tests should I be doing? Both pool companies said I do not need to test for CYA.
- Should I be using chlorine tablets?
- If so, I have these questions:
- How many do I need to put in at a time? One company told me 4. The other told me 2. On here I was told none. This is very confusing.
- Do I just replace them once a week, or replace when they are dissolved?
- One pool guy told me I should be taking the tablets out when the filter is not running. That is very manual obviously, should I just be running the filter 24h instead?
- How often do I need to "shock" the pool? By "shock", I mean using this product which I have (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051BI6UE/)?
- How much shock do I use, and does that vary? If it varies, how do I know how much to use?
As a reminder, I have the following products which I was going to use:
Test Kit: Taylor K-2006 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BGF7TI/
Chlorine Tablets: In The Swim 3 Inch Pool Chlorine Tablets - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WKJ5R0/
Shock: Doheny's Super Shock Calcium Hypochlorite - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051BI6UE/
pH Increaser: Pool Basics 2205PB - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BOLHO4O/
Alkalinity Increaser: In The Swim Alkalinity Increaser - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WKF9CA/
Here's a few pictures of my setup: