This weather stinks

linda1

Mar 26, 2010
Western Pa.
Here it is almost the middle of June and we haven't been in the pool yet. Water is crystal clear, but only about 72º. Much too cold for this 65 year old. I can turn the heater on, but I'd lose any gain. Still have the furnace running at night in the house. Anyone else having miserable weather?

We had the most beautiful weekend last weekend and that was followed by dark cloudy days with rain and thunderstorms every day this week. Tomorrow is the same but we are to have a beautiful weekend.

It stinks.

Hey Linda! Did you guys get hit with that mega storm yesterday? It swept through our area and I had to move fast with my girlfriend I had over, to get all of my rafts and my umbrellas into the garage. I'm surprised I still have 2 umbrellas as they were both turned inside out! :shock: The pool was a mess this morning and I had to drain off some water. We're sitting at 72 degrees but it's not too bad for this 36 year old granny and hubby likes it too! It feels good on the shoulder (in my case)! It's suppose to go up into the mid 80's this week.

Got to swim more in May..than I have been able to this June so far..it's been rainy and cold for the past week..temps still dropping to 49 or so at night.. water went from 84 to 72..

Ours has been bouncing up and down. It got up to 85 (which I consider tolerable) and is back down to 78. I've had this pool for 4 years and the first year I had to cool it down. The last two, and this year it's looking like, it's been cold.

Hey Linda! Did you guys get hit with that mega storm yesterday? It swept through our area and I had to move fast with my girlfriend I had over, to get all of my rafts and my umbrellas into the garage. I'm surprised I still have 2 umbrellas as they were both turned inside out! :shock: The pool was a mess this morning and I had to drain off some water. We're sitting at 72 degrees but it's not too bad for this 36 year old granny and hubby likes it too! It feels good on the shoulder (in my case)! It's suppose to go up into the mid 80's this week.
Yep, that storm came up our way. Electric was out for awhile. My daughter took her boys and my other two grandkids to Kennywood yesterday. She had a white knuckle drive home. I had to drain our pool down today, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep terrible. Only in the 80's today.
Don't rub it in!!!

Crappy. cold weather here too. Normally would have been in the pool as well, but its only around 70-72 degrees. I just added 2 more panels to my solar heater today, that should help a tad. But the nights are cold, so makes it hard to keep the pool warm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yep, that storm came up our way. Electric was out for awhile. My daughter took her boys and my other two grandkids to Kennywood yesterday. She had a white knuckle drive home. I had to drain our pool down today, too.

I bet she had a heck of a ride home! That storm was one of the worst that blew through in a long time! :shock: I drained at least 3 inches of water off the pool and it has a lot of debris in it that I have not gotten to. I added chlorine and ran the filter and walked away from it. I'll do it tomorrow, which is almost today if the rain is done. Have to check my CYA again too as it may be low again.

The weather here in NW Ohio is no better. Water temp is hanging around 70. Only been in the pool once. That's just too cold.

And with the night time temps dropping into the low 60s to upper 50s, overcast and bi-daily thunderstorms, I finally gave up and pulled the trigger on a Propane Tankless Water Heater.

I'll let everyone know how it works. I'm planning on running it at night for a few hours to help keep the daytime water temps in the upper 70 low 80s. (Hope !) :confused:

Just when the water warms up, (if you consider 74 warm, ha ha) it gets cloudy and coool for a few days and its back down to 70. My pool is currently full of those little orange fluffy things from pine trees, because the wind has been blowing from all directions with the storms lately. We got tired of waiting for the water to warm up and swam anyway earlier in the week, between the rain.

Not much better down here in God's country. We filled in May and water temp finally got up to around 82 last weekend... then the rains came. About 3" added to pool level and temp dropped back to 76. Hopefully, the sunshine today will have us back to the 80's before the weekend is over.

Florida here! and it's been raining for two weeks... hot in the AM, but crazy thunderstorms by after noon... look like the trend continues thru NEXT WEEKEND AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I swear this happened because *we* bought our pool on memorial day! We've only have a couple days of swimming!!!

I'm not going to complain too loudly after the winter we had!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.