Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This weather stinks

1. Back To Top    #1

This weather stinks

Here it is almost the middle of June and we haven't been in the pool yet. Water is crystal clear, but only about 72. Much too cold for this 65 year old. I can turn the heater on, but I'd lose any gain. Still have the furnace running at night in the house. Anyone else having miserable weather?
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: This weather stinks

Yes, I am, but I'm in Australia and we're supposed to be having cold weather, I'm so surprised that its still so cold in June for you... I hope you get a rise in temp soon....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

3. Back To Top    #3

We had the most beautiful weekend last weekend and that was followed by dark cloudy days with rain and thunderstorms every day this week. Tomorrow is the same but we are to have a beautiful weekend.

It stinks.
    MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP ~ TF-100 Test Kit
    Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP ~ AquaView 20" Sand Filter ~

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey Linda! Did you guys get hit with that mega storm yesterday? It swept through our area and I had to move fast with my girlfriend I had over, to get all of my rafts and my umbrellas into the garage. I'm surprised I still have 2 umbrellas as they were both turned inside out! The pool was a mess this morning and I had to drain off some water. We're sitting at 72 degrees but it's not too bad for this 36 year old granny and hubby likes it too! It feels good on the shoulder (in my case)! It's suppose to go up into the mid 80's this week.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Got to swim more in May..than I have been able to this June so far..it's been rainy and cold for the past week..temps still dropping to 49 or so at night.. water went from 84 to 72..
    Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover S2-50, Maytronics Solara Heating System

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Yep terrible. Only in the 80's today.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

7. Back To Top    #7

Ours has been bouncing up and down. It got up to 85 (which I consider tolerable) and is back down to 78. I've had this pool for 4 years and the first year I had to cool it down. The last two, and this year it's looking like, it's been cold.
    18' x 36' saltwater inground vinyl pool

8. Back To Top    #8

I agree! Bad start to swim season. All this rain, ugh! I picked a bad day to start adding cya to my pool, lol. I'm gonna have to drain several inches tomorrow. Maybe soon?

24' x 54" Oceanic Round AGP, 1090 Hayward Skimmer, EC-40 Filter system, Automatic Chlorinator. Pool will be in Full sun for most of the day (9am-6pm).

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Hey Linda! Did you guys get hit with that mega storm yesterday? It swept through our area and I had to move fast with my girlfriend I had over, to get all of my rafts and my umbrellas into the garage. I'm surprised I still have 2 umbrellas as they were both turned inside out! The pool was a mess this morning and I had to drain off some water. We're sitting at 72 degrees but it's not too bad for this 36 year old granny and hubby likes it too! It feels good on the shoulder (in my case)! It's suppose to go up into the mid 80's this week.
    Yep, that storm came up our way. Electric was out for awhile. My daughter took her boys and my other two grandkids to Kennywood yesterday. She had a white knuckle drive home. I had to drain our pool down today, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AimeeH View Post
    Yep terrible. Only in the 80's today.
    Don't rub it in!!!
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

10. Back To Top    #10

Crappy. cold weather here too. Normally would have been in the pool as well, but its only around 70-72 degrees. I just added 2 more panels to my solar heater today, that should help a tad. But the nights are cold, so makes it hard to keep the pool warm.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by linda1 View Post
    Yep, that storm came up our way. Electric was out for awhile. My daughter took her boys and my other two grandkids to Kennywood yesterday. She had a white knuckle drive home. I had to drain our pool down today, too.
    I bet she had a heck of a ride home! That storm was one of the worst that blew through in a long time! I drained at least 3 inches of water off the pool and it has a lot of debris in it that I have not gotten to. I added chlorine and ran the filter and walked away from it. I'll do it tomorrow, which is almost today if the rain is done. Have to check my CYA again too as it may be low again.

12. Back To Top    #12

The weather here in NW Ohio is no better. Water temp is hanging around 70. Only been in the pool once. That's just too cold.

And with the night time temps dropping into the low 60s to upper 50s, overcast and bi-daily thunderstorms, I finally gave up and pulled the trigger on a Propane Tankless Water Heater.

I'll let everyone know how it works. I'm planning on running it at night for a few hours to help keep the daytime water temps in the upper 70 low 80s. (Hope !)
    Pool: 5000 gal, 16'x 48" (AG) Intex Ultra Frame, Intex 1500 GPH Filter Pump 635T (cartridge), Hayward Thru-Wall Skimmer SP1091LX, 1.5" PVC Plumbed (Rigid & Flex), Heater: Aquah 10L Propane Outdoor Tankless Heater (68,200 BTU), 1/2" PVC plumbed, Intex 1000 GPH Filter Pump 637R (no-cartridge). Hayward Return SP1023 Climate/Location: North West Ohio

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

I hear ya, they can whip a little of that global warming on us any time they want.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Just when the water warms up, (if you consider 74 warm, ha ha) it gets cloudy and coool for a few days and its back down to 70. My pool is currently full of those little orange fluffy things from pine trees, because the wind has been blowing from all directions with the storms lately. We got tired of waiting for the water to warm up and swam anyway earlier in the week, between the rain.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

15. Back To Top    #15

Sticks here too! Worked like an animal in May to get the pool and deck done so the can swim when the "warm" weather arrives in June. They could have been swimming more in May than June!
    13,000 gal 21' x 54'' Signature RTL pool, Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp, Hayward S180T Filter, CL110 Chlorinator

16. Back To Top    #16

Not much better down here in God's country. We filled in May and water temp finally got up to around 82 last weekend... then the rains came. About 3" added to pool level and temp dropped back to 76. Hopefully, the sunshine today will have us back to the 80's before the weekend is over.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

17. Back To Top    #17

Sorry to hear all the weather issues . My pool was 84 degrees when I got in it at 8pm last night
    18'x48" Intex Ultra-Frame (Grey), Intex 2150gph Sand Filter (#28647EG), Intex Krystal Clear SWCG (#54601EG), Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim, Intex LED Light.

18. Back To Top    #18

Florida here! and it's been raining for two weeks... hot in the AM, but crazy thunderstorms by after noon... look like the trend continues thru NEXT WEEKEND AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I swear this happened because *we* bought our pool on memorial day! We've only have a couple days of swimming!!!
    Installed May 2014 - 16' x 48" Summer Escapes Pro Series Pool AG Vinyl (6,000 gal) - Intex 2650 Sand Filter - Christmas, FL

19. Back To Top    #19

After a horribly cold and snowy winter, its been a wet cold late spring

20. Back To Top    #20

I'm not going to complain too loudly after the winter we had!!!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast