Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I drank the pool water

1. Back To Top    #1
    Fairfax, VA

I drank the pool water

So, it has been raining and I've been doing my testing indoors. I use a Tervis tumbler to collect my water sample. I forgot to empty the glass after I was finished testing, fast forward a few hours and absentmindedly I drank about half a glass of pool water. It tasted just like the filtered water in my house. I didn't realize it was pool water until I saw another Tervis tumbler on the other side of the kitchen. Luckily my pool water was sparkly, balanced and the chlorine levels were at maintain levels and I didn't become ill.

So, anyone else have any embarrassing stories about testing or their pool water?
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig Heater 336K BTU, TF-100 test kit.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: I drank the pool water

I almost did the same thing last weekend, but realized just in time, except mine was in an old tupperware kids cup

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sacramento, CA

Is that anything like drinking the kool-aid? I definitely drank the TFP kool-aid.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock ('s a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

I've never drank pool water yet!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide
    Columbia SC

Never done that. Ironically our dog never drinks out of the pool,although he runs around it frantically trying to "save" the kids. He MUST get hot and when we give him a bowl of fresh water he drinks it, but never out of the pool.....must smell odd to him? It is a SWG though. Tested salt today and it was just over 3400. Wonder if he knows it isn't doggy potable water.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.