Polaris 9300 robot

kyle11

May 17, 2012
Our polaris 9300 just stopped working. The lights would just flash on and off. Luckily the warranty is not up until this August. Called polaris and they gave me a service request number and said to take it to Leslie's as the labor is free. They called the other day and said the robot itself was the problem and they was going to have to wait on parts from polaris. I have never left if in the pool longer than 24 hours and always put it out of the weather when stored. Hopefully I will get a few more years out of it when it comes back. I will update the progress of the warranty process as it goes. Hoping it will not take to long.

Our polaris 9300 just stopped working. The lights would just flash on and off. Luckily the warranty is not up until this August. Called polaris and they gave me a service request number and said to take it to Leslie's as the labor is free. They called the other day and said the robot itself was the problem and they was going to have to wait on parts from polaris. I have never left if in the pool longer than 24 hours and always put it out of the weather when stored. Hopefully I will get a few more years out of it when it comes back. I will update the progress of the warranty process as it goes. Hoping it will not take to long.
It is probably your floating cable. My Polaris 9300 stopped working in 2011, only a year after I got it. Luckily it was under warranty. Leslie's told me they'd send it off for several weeks. Polaris sent out a new floating cable to me and I installed it. It wasn't easy. Now my Polaris 9300 has stopped working again and not under warranty. A new floating cable is $175. :rant:

When I spoke to polaris they said turn around time was a week to 10 days tops. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks. The idiots at Leslie's dragged their a** and didn't get they parts ordered until a week after I took it in. Granted they told me the next day they knew it was the motor. It is getting frustrating as we have had lots of rain and as a result the pool bottom could really use a vacuuming. All kinds of worms and dirt in the bottom. I don't even want to get in it let alone invite anyone else over to. The lady at Leslie's who when I took it acted like she didn't know they done polaris warranty repair asked me what she was suppose to do. Like I work their. Every time I call her she said she was waiting on polaris so I called them back. Then after polaris called her she said polaris does not provide the parts and she had to order them from somewhere else. If i do not hear anything by tomorrow I am gonna see if they have a loaner because I feel like I am getting the run around from someone who does not know how to do their job.

We finally got our 9300 back. They replaced everything but the housing. Is working well but my warranty expires In August so hopefully I can a few more seasons out of it since everything is new. One thing that makes me nervous is on the plastic housing where it snaps together there it does not seem to want to snap all the way. Can water get in there and damage it or is there nothing to worry about?

Are you talking about where the mesh canister is housed? The hood that snaps together? Or the bottom? When I installed the floating cable a few years ago, I remember when I put everything back together, it didn't snap together tight. So I unscrewed the bottom and made sure everything lined up. The inside has styrofoam inserts and sometimes if they aren't placed back correctly, the housing won't seal together with ease.

samuqypu.jpg
vuteje2u.jpg
aquny8e2.jpg
ysy4anez.jpg

I do not remember it being like that before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.