Aqua Pure w/ Fusion Soft 1400

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hi,

Hoping to get some insight here. I have a brand new pool that is about 40 days old. It is 13,500 gallons. This past Monday, the builder came out and put in (4) 40 lbs bags of salt. His instructions were to check the salinity (button C) tomorrow and add the necessary amount until I get between 3.0 and 3.5 gpl. Here is what I did:

On Tuesday morning => It read 2.3 gpl, so I added (1) 40 lbs bags of salt. I checked that evening and it read 2.7
On Wednesday morning => It read 2.7 gpl, so I added (3/4) 40 lbs bags of salt. I checked at lunch and it read 3.2. I checked at dinner and it read 3.2. I checked at around 7pm and it read 3.2
This Morning => It read 3.1 gpl, so I did not add any salt. I came home at lunch today and read HH with code 145. This code states I am over 4.0

How can this be?? I did have to shock the pool last night....not sure if this is a factor. I will take a sample to be tested at a store to see what the salt level is at, but wanted to get some advise here.

Thanks,
Doug

P.S. - I have, and have had, the chlorine production set to 0%

I would let it run for another day and see if it settles down. I'm not sure but the could have been a surge of high salt water that made it to the sensor and it triggered the code. If that is all of the salt that was added, then you should be in the 3000 range.

If there is a calibration button for the sensor, hold it in for 5 seconds after the system has been running for a least 5 minutes.

Hi Jason. No, I have not been running the filter pump 24x7....just 8 hours a day. I was told I didn't have to, but now think I should. I will keep it on. I'm hoping this code goes away. Again, this morning I was 3.1 gpl and the readings have been very consistent and fairly stable.....this reading today is crazy and unexplainable. I would understand it if it happened on the first day when 4 bags went in.

Ping, I don't think there is a calibration button. After I saw this code, I let it run for a while and re-checked several times over 10 minutes and still got the HH/145 code. I then turned off the power for 10 seconds. After turning on, I noticed "wait" in small letters in the bottom right of the screen and that didn't disappear for about two minutes. After it did, I check the salinity....still HH/145.

Kinda bummed....I went salt because I've heard so many good things.....to me, I'm starting to feel this is another failure point....not a good start.

I usually get a spike and code when I add salt. It's often immediately too. I used to add it in all around the pool, but found any that winds up on the slope or deep end gets sucked in the bottom return and this causes the spike in concentration. If I dump it in the shallow end, it may take a little longer to dissolve, but I don't bombard the sensor with a high salt concentration.

Usually you have to turn off the SWCG for 24 hours with the pump running the entire time to mix the salt. I have a Jandy and adding salt with the SWCG running can damage the power center on the Jandy units. I am not sure about other brands but I would read the instruction manual carefully. When our pool was built the builder sent out a guy to start up the pool. He added several bags of salt with the unit running. It failed the first day.

Usually you have to turn off the SWCG for 24 hours with the pump running the entire time to mix the salt. I have a Jandy and adding salt with the SWCG running can damage the power center on the Jandy units. I am not sure about other brands but I would read the instruction manual carefully. When our pool was built the builder sent out a guy to start up the pool. He added several bags of salt with the unit running. It failed the first day.

Any chemical added the SWG should be turned off including salt and thanks for catching that in my post I neglected to put across that information.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
P.S. - I have, and have had, the chlorine production set to 0%
This is as "off" as it's going to be. That is the correct setting when adding salt and high concentrations would not harm the unit set at the 0% setting. It sounds to me that your tri-sensor is bad or the board reading the sensor is bad (probably unlikely). Did you try to remove the sensor from the cell and maybe give it a little inspection/cleaning?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.