What way should I setup my jets for better circulation?

Feb 21, 2014
dfw tx
I think they put in the skimmer to the wrong location.

I changed all the eyes to the circulator eyeballs but the pressure is less on the eyeball opposite right corner of the skimmer so it falls out of sync with the other 2 and messes up the circulation causing my 2 dead zones.
Next I tried keeping the other 2 as circulators and moving that one to point directly at the wall but it only eliminated 1 of the dead zones.

Nothing is going into my skimmer since everything ends up in the dead zones now. I'm totally lost now. All of them used to be turned counterclockwise (when they were regular) and it caused a dead zone in the corner beside the skimmer.

Arrow shows wind direction. Boxes are jets.

If that is the direction of your typical wind, then the skimmer is certainly not ideal. What are the yellow areas? If those are the dead areas, I doubt there is much you are going to be able to do about it.

I would point the bottom jet to the right as much as possible, the upper right one to the left as much as possible and the upper left slightly to the left to push things toward the skimmer.

If by circulator eyeballs you mean the ones that rotate so the jet goes around in a circle to "improve" circulation then we don't recommend using them. First, they are just another thing that can break, and second they make it essentially impossible to solve the problem you are having right now. If you have/got return eyeballs that can be manually aimed you could aim them so that water circulation carried debris around to the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.