Pump/filter Suggestions for an Intex Ultra Frame w/SWG

mag1

Jun 9, 2014
Greenville, Wi
Hi all, just got the pool put back up last week, filled with H2O, and finally got a chance to get the pump and SWG all set up, new o-rings, etc...
One problem, my pump dosen't work. Must have been the 60+ days of -0° weather this past winter. (pump was dry before storing)

Anyways, I am new to the pump/filter scene, and was wondering what recommendations there are for one of these pool types. I have an Intex Ultra Frame (Ø18'x52") with SWG system. Are there particular brands that work well with the the Intex and Salt water? What about Sand filters? Is that the way to go? Is there anything else I need to think about?

Thanks for any input.
Marc

This is a rather open ended question, like my car died what kind should I get.... The cheapest option would probably be to get another Intex pump, sand filters can be a good option, but if you are up north and move equipment inside for the winter sand filters may not be the way to go. There are just several ways to go, and it depends on what your goals are

Ike

Ok, I have an old intex that may work for a bit, not sure if the hoses are the same, from an older pool.

But, I would like to add a decent filter/pump, the intex ones never seemed to move much water. Also, I am going to run a solar pool heater option on my roof, so I need to be able to push the water up there also. And, I will probably hard plumb the system. Not sure if that is enough info. or not.

Thanks (I am in NE Wisconsin)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.