Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First Post, First Pool! Mystery Equipment

1. Back To Top    #1

Hendersonville, TN

First Post, First Pool! Mystery Equipment

First Post, First Pool...

After much trial, even more error, and about 4 weeks of doing, I am almost swimming. Bought a house with a pool and there is some equipment I am not sure why is there.

The main pump has a branch lone running to a smaller pump (recirculating all water through it), and from the smaller pump there is a line with a check valve that dives underground. There is also a spa blower with its own line diving underground right next to it. There is no spa though! When the check valve off the small pump is open, a very poorly located jet right next to my skimmer pushes water out, and it is bubbly/sudsy and pushes water away from the skimmer... When the valve is closed, I get head pressure inside the blower, and it leaks profusely. I cannot understand why this is set up this way. I have considered capping both the line to the blower and the direct line to the smaller pump, but am concerned this may cause too much pressure buildup in the system. But I don't know what else to do.

Any suggestions as to what the heck I have in terms of setup as well as advice on how to stop the leak/sudsiness would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    27,000 gallon in ground pool; Age Unkown
    Hayward S245T sand filter
    Old Pentair Pump

Hendersonville, TN

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: First Post, First Pool! Mystery Equipment

Hi, welcome to TFP! Could you post some pictures of your pool equipment? It will help us answer your question more thoroughly.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: First Post, First Pool! Mystery Equipment

Welcome to TFP.

It sounds like you have a cleaner pump. And maybe some bubblers, probably near the steps or on a tanning ledge.

As Zea said, pics would help a lot.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit