Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fountain to cool pool during hot summer months

1. Back To Top    #1

Fountain to cool pool during hot summer months

Hello,

I am trying to help cool down our pool with the use of fountains. Do i run it 24 hours a day? or Do I run it only in the evening when the temp is lower. I have read and heard conflicting info about this. I run my pool pump 24 hours a day which helps keep the pool cleam via the skimmer and would like to keep it that way.

Thanks
    16.6 x 32.6 Vinyl Liner Grecian, Aqua Rite Plus SWG, Hayward HeatPro 110K BTU, Pentair VRS, LED Laminar and Interfab Waterfall.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fountain to cool pool during hot summer months

Running the fountain longer will cool the pool more. My guess is that running it 24/7 will cool the pool too much, but there is no way to know without trying it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Try it at night only first and see how that works for ya'. Too much extra evaporation during the day for me.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

With the fountain running during the day, with the hot sun beating on the pool, would the pool pump just help circulate the heat/hot water evenly in the pool?
    16.6 x 32.6 Vinyl Liner Grecian, Aqua Rite Plus SWG, Hayward HeatPro 110K BTU, Pentair VRS, LED Laminar and Interfab Waterfall.