Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pulling the trigger on Dolphin Triton,nervous.......

1. Back To Top    #1

Pulling the trigger on Dolphin Triton,nervous.......

We need this pool cleaner. Since switching the SWG and getting my lab work right,our water is real clear. Sediment at the bottom can be seen, the deep end is 12 foot,hard to reach to scrub. This is a lot of cash for this cleaner. I've been reading all the reviews on this forum about pool cleaners. I found this Triton for $789.00 w/free shipping and no tax. What do you all think? Also says 2 year warranty.

http://www.hydropool.com/cgi-bin/hyd.../99996356.html

Thanks
    IG Gunite pool. 30,000 gallons. Hayward type sand filter. Circupool SI 45 salt system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pulling the trigger on Dolphin Triton,nervous.......

That is also a model that you can purchase an add on remote for. FWIW, I had a dolphin diagnostic that worked great for 7 years. Now I am looking to replace it. The hydropool people are nice. I used to take my water there for testing before I found this site. They have been helpful in finding different parts for me.
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I would not be worried. I looked at that model too. There reviews on Amazon are very positive. I chose the Z5 over it because the filters are top loading. I have a bad back. A few hundred bucks to be is a weekend of drinking.
    Russell,

IG 11K gemstone freeform w/ waterfalls, Jandy 2HP ePump, CL460 Cartridge Filter, 400K Legacy Heater, Nicheless LEDs, AquaPure SWG, Aqualink, Dolphin Z5, TF-100.

4. Back To Top    #4

Are there any warranty ramifications by buying this one on line? I know my M5 looses it's warranty thru on line purchases, but the Z5 does not.

So far I love the M5
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    Are there any warranty ramifications by buying this one on line? I know my M5 looses it's warranty thru on line purchases, but the Z5 does not.

So far I love the M5
    +1 to this. I bought the Z5 mainly for the reason above. I'd strongly suggest you contact dolphon/maytronics and make sure you don't lose the warranty on that model by buying online.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor