Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: From installation to SLAM and beyond (previously Future Pool Location)

1. Back To Top    #1
    Chrisman, Illinois (East Central Illinois)

From installation to SLAM and beyond (previously Future Pool Location)

I've attached pictures of my future pool location. As you can tell, Stripes the wonder cat (as in, I wonder where she's from?) is somewhat less excited about the pool than I am. The little orange flag in the background is the center of the pool. The other picture is just so show further excitement about pool ownership. What's not in the picture is the tf 100 test kit I just ordered today. If the rain slows down enough for the ground to dry, the pool install can begin and I can send more pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Future pool location photo

Congratulations on your up coming pool ... but, please do not buy chemicals before you need them. This is why we no longer use the BBB term. Odds are you will never need to use the borax or the baking soda. So, you may end up just having to use them in your laundry and refrigerator.

You can certainly buy stabilizer (fill water has none) and bleach though.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I knew I could use the baking soda for tons of other stuff, same goes for the borax. Is there a certain stabilizer recommended? My local Walmart carries hth products, Rural King has a pool section and I can also buy from the pool store.
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

4. Back To Top    #4

Which ever is cheapest. Don't waste your money on the liquid CYA. The dry CYA is considerably cheaper.
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

Your cat looks like our pure bred Siamese seal point lynx. They have a brown nose and a M in their fur on top of there head. good luck with your pool!
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

6. Back To Top    #6

Red face Today is the day!

I merged your threads to keep your story together. You can change the title of the first post if you like in the Advanced Editor. jblizzle

Woohoo! They are finally here and have gotten started. Pool should start going up tomorrow.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

It looks like scene from Field Of Dreams..... Can't wait to see more...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

8. Back To Top    #8

if you build it they will come.....

9. Back To Top    #9

Progress...

10. Back To Top    #10

That's not Chrisman TEXAS, is it?

If so, my Dad use to live there.
    Pool is DONE!
    Pentair Intelliflo VS3050
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 + actuators + swg
    Pentair IntelliPH
    Pentair 400btu HD heater
    3- Jandy WaterColor LED's
    Hayward C5030 525sqft cartridge filter
    Waterway spa blower

11. Back To Top    #11

Liner is in, now the water is going in too. Not, Chrisman, TX....Chrisman, IL.

12. Back To Top    #12

Nice Pool! Where's the pump / filter going?
    Installed May 2014 - 16' x 48" Summer Escapes Pro Series Pool AG Vinyl (6,000 gal) - Intex 2650 Sand Filter - Christmas, FL

13. Back To Top    #13

The pump is going in near the tailgate of the flatbed truck. The electrician is coming tomorrow to run power from the house out to the pump.

14. Back To Top    #14

Deck plans?
    Installed May 2014 - 16' x 48" Summer Escapes Pro Series Pool AG Vinyl (6,000 gal) - Intex 2650 Sand Filter - Christmas, FL

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by S1ngram View Post
    I knew I could use the baking soda for tons of other stuff, same goes for the borax. Is there a certain stabilizer recommended? My local Walmart carries hth products, Rural King has a pool section and I can also buy from the pool store.
    You could always pickup up a few more boxes of Borax and a couple gallons of Muriatic Acid and improve the water. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ol-Why-and-How
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

16. Back To Top    #16

This is the well water going into my pool. It might as well be pond water. It has a yellowish green color. The picture makes it look worse than it is. It is clear, at this point with only 12" of water in the pool. Nothing has been added to the pool. My pH is in the 7.8-8.2 range. I have the tf-100 test kit, but I'm not sure what, if anything else, I should try to test.

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

You would need to buy a couple (few) to do a pool but with water like that filters might be a good idea. I'm on well water too and this is what I use on my hot tub as the water turns yellow with the heat without being filtered.

http://www.spadepot.com/shop/PreFres...LXsXKJCOzw_wcB
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

18. Back To Top    #18

I found this deck somewhere on the internet and I'll probably do something like this. I have wedding cake steps to lead down into the pool.
    The deck will go on the closest side of the pool (where the two guys are standing together).
    http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/KJbhAOuOjeE/hqdefault.jpg

I'm planning to order the Kreepy Krauley Lil shark vacuum, the stirrer for tf-100, and I want to get or make something for easily storing my solar cover. I've been looking at the saddles that you can install on the side of the pool and the solar roller or something similar. If I get the solar roller, I will still have to build something to keep the cover off the ground. Maybe that's overkill, but all I can think of is all the grass, etc that I would end up putting I to the pool if I put the cover on the ground. So many choices.

19. Back To Top    #19

Gosh am I feeling nervous! First, let me say I'm going to follow the recommendations of this board. The question is, do I have the pool place add the starter chemicals that came with the pool package or not? Included are: 5lbs. Easy Pool and 4lbs. chlorine tablets.

Just talked to pool store. Iron in the water is common in our area so they are recommending something that will remove the iron before I add the chlorine so my liner won't get stained. They were going to drop the wedding cake steps in tomorrow when they were here, but should I wait until the iron issue is resolved?

I tested for TA and am confused by my results. By red, do they really mean dark pink? When I hear red, I think of fire trucks. After 30 drops of R-0009, all I ever got was dark pink. Around 24 drops, the water turned from clear to light pink and stayed that way. Do I go with that number or do I go with 28, which is where the color deepening stopped. If I did it right, my TA is 240-280...pretty high since 70-90 is what is recommended here.

First time using pool math...IF I did the test right, and IF I did the pool math right, I would need to add 33+lbs. of baking soda to get to a goal of 90. Yikes!

20. Back To Top    #20

All tests, you add drops until the color change stops. The last drop resulting in no change does not count.

Baking soda raises TA. If you are already at 280ppm ... then you clearly should not add baking soda.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast