Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting ready for install!

1. Back To Top    #1

Getting ready for install!

Hi all! Last week I purchased an 18x48 Intex Metal Pool thinking ok this is going to be a breeze to install. Wow was I wrong!!! I'm new to this site & have gotten lots of useful information as far as preparing my site to be level. The ground work alone has taken us a week & it's still a work in progress. I purchased today a Gorilla Pad to go under the pool to help protect the liner. My question is with me putting down the Gorilla Pad do I still need to put down sand? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Getting ready for install!

Welcome to TFP!

The surface under the gorilla pad should be quite flat and level. The usual way to do that is to get reasonably close to level and then put down a layer of sand to get out the final imperfections. If your existing surface is smooth and level there is no need for sand.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School