New used hot tub, worked now want start plz help.

Jun 11, 2014
Jasper, AL
Hi everyone I am new to the forum, found it by googling my troubles.Long story short we got a hot tub from my brother in law it had been setting a couple of years.Yesterday I got it filled and turned on power to the pump/jets.it kicked in an ran like a dream.after an hour hubby turned it off, and seen /felt pump being hot .He pushed power and it would not come on. He said pump was steaming but did not smell...The pump never made any loud sounds before he turned motor off and now only hums when power is on.We are new to the whole hot tub thing, all I know is that its a whirlpool and the pump in place is aqua flo , Flow master hp. I can not find hp on it only model num. Serial num and code number.Today I pulled the back cover off where wiring and such is at and I can spin the shaft clockwise if I am facing the dry end of pump.I have read where to try and kick start but I can only get to the side of the shaft and I am afraid to try it from that way .I get conflicting stories from pool dealers here im my small town who by the way do not touch hot tub stuff from April till Oct. please help

Did you try to start it after it initally shutdown? It most likely shut down because of thernal overload protection. My pump in my Jacuzzi would shut diwn after 15 mins. I ended up getting a new pump. When I took apaprt the old one, it appeares that the dry end shifted causing some more friction than normal. This additional additional friction caused the motor to work harder and overheat. After the motor cooled down, it would restart.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20140610_141556.jpg
    20140610_141556.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20140611_175154.jpg
    20140611_175154.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 31
Great news, found a company that works on pumps in the next town,the guy that owns the company lives about a mile from me.He just came by. Of all things it was a loose ground wire !!! He did not charge me yayyy and I sent my koi pond pump with him I have a performance pro it needed new seal and bearings, we pulled it apart had the parts to replace but could not remove bearings sooooooooooo two pumps one guy I am happy and I know my koi will jump up and high five him when he brings it back. Thanks everyone for all the info, I like this forum and look forward to getting to know you all .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.