It can be done! Intex hose sweeper success story

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
I normally take my18' x 48" Intex Ultraframe down each fall. Last fall I drained it with the intention of doing so, but some family emergencies prevented me getting any further than draining it to about 6" water depth. After the ice melted this spring, I climbed in and removed about 2" of leaves. There was still quite a bit of finer junk in there, so I put a pair of pantyhose of the leaf skimmer and removed what I could. I then filled the pool up and got out my Intex hose sweeper. I used two pair of knee highs and added a little cheese cloth to help keep the fine stuff from getting through. I did this about 4 times. I also got a little DE from my sister in law for the sand filter. I bought a good brush and used it when I added the DE. I never thought I would be able to get the pool this clean, considering I am not using a "real" vacuum.

Here are pictures, starting after I removed the bulk of the leaves this spring.....

Thanks. Starting to wish I had removed the wrinkles before refilling! I was too anxious to get it cleaned up and balanced before I had a major algae bloom. The water is stilly chilly (73) but we enjoyed it today, regardless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.