Jumping "all-in" with new TF-100 test kit

Jun 11, 2014
Clarksville/TN
Moved to TN 2 years ago and "inherited" our first pool and all that went with it with the purchase of our new home. I spent the first summer playing the "pool store game" with balancing the pool and sinking LOTS of money into it and still never having it balanced. Last summer started the same way...until I happened upon the TFP site and began reading all the great articles and forums. I quit making trips to the pool store and made the switch to using liquid bleach to chlorinate my pool...what a difference it made! Not just in the pool itself, but in my sanity as well!! :D (oh yeah...and I no longer use tabs in the inline chlorine feeder)

I decided this summer I was going to go "all-in" and purchase one of the recommended test kits for accuracy, and am excited to say the TF-100 arrived yesterday!

FC 5
CC 0.5
pH 7.2
TA 90
CH 150
CYA 23

My pool is sparkling clear blue, but I am in the process of increasing the CYA to 30 using the sock method. I knew it was low from the strips I was testing with, but didn't want to start messing with it until I got the new kit for better accuracy.

I'm excited to finally be posting on TFP...so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Your numbers look great. I would suggest raising the CYA to around 50 ppm. You will use noticeably less chlorine over the swim season. 30 ppm is just fine but 50 would do a bit better in your climate.

Very nice work on your pool :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.