XPS not available can I use Polyisocyanurate

XPS not available in my area Sacramento CA lots of building going on.... can I use Polyisocyanurate instead or should I use EPS.... I am putting up a Intex pro series 14x42 on a concrete pad... I have read that some here have used it.... Anyone have an problems/damage to the pool caused by using Polyi?

Thanks for you input...

Dave

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I have no idea what you are talking about, but someone should be able to help.

I just wanted to ask that you update you profile with a useful location. If you are willing to state it in your first post, I am not sure why you would not put it in your profile so we do not have to ask in every thread you create.

He is talking about rigid foam board. Probably questioning if he can use it under the AGP

***Went to get a drink before posting and Richard beat me to the punch***

Last edited:
Oh, also, when I was researching for my own use of XPS, I called a sheet insulation manufacturer. I'm not sure what Polyisocyanurate is but, if it is regular insulation, they told me that it would be crushed by the weight of the pool. The 3/4" I used was all that was available in Florida. I guess we don't get cold enough here to warrant the thicker stuff that others on here use.

Thanks for the info Taterfink... I needed to get the pool up and running (for medical reasons) So I went with the 1 inch Polyi foam board. It is similar to XPS that you used. There is a bit of a building boom going on (again!) so XPS is not available in Lowes or Home Despots. We will see how the polyi holds up. I did take some pics and when I download them I will try to post some. Thanks again for your help.
Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.