flagstone Coping on Pool
2 Ton Waterfall
4" Deck Drain System- Run to street
Automatic Fill Line with valve
2- Skimmers

Equipment:
2HP Hayward EcoStar Variable Speed Computerized Pool Pump
325 sqft. Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter
Pro Model- Hayward ProLogic PS-8 with Digital Wireless Remote, & In Home Docking Station
UV system & Chlorine Feed System
Hayward ColorLogic LED Colorchanging lights with preset light show functions (2 Pool Lights)
Sharkvac Pool Cleaner
Pebble pool finish

Welcome to TFP.

Nice build so far! May I suggest that you ditch the uv system/ozone as it is very unnecessary in an outdoor pool, adds metals to the water and causes terrible staining of the pool surface. You can do a quick search and see that TFP does not recommend the use of these units.

Salt? Probably not with your Oklahoma flagstone. That seems to be a fairly soft stone that doesn't play well with SWCG's. But that means you will need to use liquid bleach to chlorinate instead of tabs in the chlorinator once your CYA is at the correct level. If you're not sure where I'm going with that, Pool School and the FC/CYA relationship will explain it. I'm presuming you will ditch the UV widget (plenty of UV already hitting your pool unless it's in your basement).

I have very similar Hayward equipment to yours and have been pleased so far.

Some people do still go with salt and softer stones but it requires vigilance at sealing and is no guarantee against stone erosion.

Your filter size at 325 SF looks well sized. That's over 3 times your surface area which is pretty good.

Salt? Probably not with your Oklahoma flagstone. That seems to be a fairly soft stone that doesn't play well with SWCG's. But that means you will need to use liquid bleach to chlorinate instead of tabs in the chlorinator once your CYA is at the correct level. If you're not sure where I'm going with that, Pool School and the FC/CYA relationship will explain it. I'm presuming you will ditch the UV widget (plenty of UV already hitting your pool unless it's in your basement).

I have very similar Hayward equipment to yours and have been pleased so far.

Some people do still go with salt and softer stones but it requires vigilance at sealing and is no guarantee against stone erosion.

Your filter size at 325 SF looks well sized. That's over 3 times your surface area which is pretty good.

Thanks for the help I sent an email to the PB I will see how he responds.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I read the title as a new Wave pool (with waves), then I read it as New Wave pool inspired by a type of 80's music.

Either way, I was disappointed. lol.

kidding but your pool is looking good so far.
My PB suggested to stay away from limestone and OK flagstone with saltwater as they are soft and will deteriorate unless you seal it often.

2014-06-11122103_zpsd73d622d.jpg

2014-07-23201806_zpsf7339353.jpg
2014-07-29163600deckcomplete_zps1265701a.jpg
2014-07-31144820_zps9a719bbb.jpg
2014-08-05093953_zps53871146.jpg
2014-08-05094010_zpsb1e8fd97.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.