flagstone Coping on Pool
    2 Ton Waterfall
    4" Deck Drain System- Run to street
    Automatic Fill Line with valve
    2- Skimmers

Equipment:
    2HP Hayward EcoStar Variable Speed Computerized Pool Pump
    325 sqft. Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter
    Pro Model- Hayward ProLogic PS-8 with Digital Wireless Remote, & In Home Docking Station
    UV system & Chlorine Feed System
    Hayward ColorLogic LED Colorchanging lights with preset light show functions (2 Pool Lights)
    Sharkvac Pool Cleaner
    Pebble pool finish

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Wave pool in North Austin TX

Welcome to TFP.

Nice build so far! May I suggest that you ditch the uv system/ozone as it is very unnecessary in an outdoor pool, adds metals to the water and causes terrible staining of the pool surface. You can do a quick search and see that TFP does not recommend the use of these units.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm thinking you might be happier with a larger filter, maybe something like 200 sq. ft. Larger is always better.

14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

2014-06-13 11.53.49 pool3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Should I ask for a salt system?

5. Back To Top    #5

When I look up the filter it says its filters around 325 Sq.Ft

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Salt? Probably not with your Oklahoma flagstone. That seems to be a fairly soft stone that doesn't play well with SWCG's. But that means you will need to use liquid bleach to chlorinate instead of tabs in the chlorinator once your CYA is at the correct level. If you're not sure where I'm going with that, Pool School and the FC/CYA relationship will explain it. I'm presuming you will ditch the UV widget (plenty of UV already hitting your pool unless it's in your basement).

I have very similar Hayward equipment to yours and have been pleased so far.

Some people do still go with salt and softer stones but it requires vigilance at sealing and is no guarantee against stone erosion.

Your filter size at 325 SF looks well sized. That's over 3 times your surface area which is pretty good.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Salt? Probably not with your Oklahoma flagstone. That seems to be a fairly soft stone that doesn't play well with SWCG's. But that means you will need to use liquid bleach to chlorinate instead of tabs in the chlorinator once your CYA is at the correct level. If you're not sure where I'm going with that, Pool School and the FC/CYA relationship will explain it. I'm presuming you will ditch the UV widget (plenty of UV already hitting your pool unless it's in your basement).

I have very similar Hayward equipment to yours and have been pleased so far.

Some people do still go with salt and softer stones but it requires vigilance at sealing and is no guarantee against stone erosion.

Your filter size at 325 SF looks well sized. That's over 3 times your surface area which is pretty good.
    Thanks for the help I sent an email to the PB I will see how he responds.

8. Back To Top    #8

A note about limestone and salt, I have both with about the same setup as yours (http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-tx-pool-t17907.html). Out of about 30 pieces I had the builder replace 5 after 2 years due to flaking. Still 3 new stones have issues. It seems some limestone has no problem and others do. I'm not sure you can know this until installed. Also had the stone sealed and this lasted one season.

9. Back To Top    #9

Looks great! Who is your pool builder?
    ~23,500 Gallon In-Ground Plaster Pool, Intelliflo VS+ Pump, Hayward 4820 DE Filter, IntelliChlor IC40 SWG

10. Back To Top    #10

New Wave

- - - Updated - - -

Looks real close to what I'm building nice job..

11. Back To Top    #11

Looks very nice. What color of pebblesheen did you go with? Is the pool finished?

12. Back To Top    #12

I read the title as a new Wave pool (with waves), then I read it as New Wave pool inspired by a type of 80's music.

Either way, I was disappointed. lol.

kidding but your pool is looking good so far.
    My PB suggested to stay away from limestone and OK flagstone with saltwater as they are soft and will deteriorate unless you seal it often.

13. Back To Top    #13

IG 15000 gal 16x30 Gunite w/stonescapes-mini-pebbles (Midnight Blue), Hayward PROLOGIC Automation panel, Hayward 2HP VS pump, Hayward Swim Clear C3030 cartridge filter ,LED 5 color light, Pool Shark Electric cleaner, pool build finished on 8/15/2014 k-2006 test kit no spa or heater
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...orth-Austin-TX

14. Back To Top    #14

Just an update the pool project is in the 8th week,I cant wait until its done. Check out the tile its supposed to look like coral. Midnight blue pebble goes in Thursday, Then Sundek should be done Monday of next week.
    IG 15000 gal 16x30 Gunite w/stonescapes-mini-pebbles (Midnight Blue), Hayward PROLOGIC Automation panel, Hayward 2HP VS pump, Hayward Swim Clear C3030 cartridge filter ,LED 5 color light, Pool Shark Electric cleaner, pool build finished on 8/15/2014 k-2006 test kit no spa or heater

15. Back To Top    #15

[IMG][/IMG]

16. Back To Top    #16