Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: jandy 1400 code 170

1. Back To Top    #1

jandy 1400 code 170

looking for some advice on whether I need to get a whole new system or replace/repair parts. We have a 5 year old system with a 2 year old cell. We just started getting the code 170 yesterday with no ability to silence the every 30 s beep. Ive been told it can be a front board problem or a flow sensor problem.. anyhow inorder to silence the alarm I unplugged the flow sensor cable . with codes like 182 and a couple others coming up obviously letting me know that the flow sensor has a problem or is disconnected (which I did to silence the alarm beep) it now lets me press the salinity buttom for 5 seconds til I hear a beep to silence the service beep. With all that said and done can you give me advice on my 170 dilemma thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: jandy 1400 code 170

And if I keep the flow sensor unplugged and keep running the pump and cell will this be ok to do so - is the cell still working even though the flow sensor is unplugged?

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: jandy 1400 code 170

A 170 error indicates an internal problem, often a bad power supply board.

Disabling the flow sensor is not recommended, as it can create a safety hazard. Doing so when testing isn't a big deal, but you don't want to leave it that way.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School