Pool cleaner walks up the wall and out of the water

Jun 11, 2014
canada
I have a Hayward dv4000 cleaner, in a above ground pool. I cant seem to figure out how to get it working properly, I followed the very poor instructions, it came with some kind of valves which I have no idea what they are for. Anyway, I have no leaks, I tested the flow with the regulator, its right where its supposed to be. The cleaner works awesome, sucks up everything and moves perfect, but it just wants to go in one straight line where ever its pointed, then walked right up the wall and out of the water till it looses suction and then just sits there.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

My cleaner was doing the same thing until I cut back on the suction on the cleaner, now it goes to the top and drops down, use to always get stuck on the light, but no more...I would try that first cut back on the suction...if you can...

Same as boston62, I switched to low power on my pump and my cleaner doesn't have the strength to climb the walls anymore. If you don't have a 2-speed pump see if there is anyplace to adjust it at the cleaner head.

Gosh I would laugh after I cried trying to figure this one out! lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.