Polaris 360 stays in one area

Nfotx

Jun 1, 2014
Fresno CA
My 360 reaches the end of the hose's reach and just sits there and spins. When the reverse valve kicks in, the cleaner is pulled away from its spot but returns there once the forward motion returns.

I shortened the hose until it would not reach the pool steps, the farthest point, which is where it used to hang up constantly. I thought by shortening the hose and keeping the wheels off the steps would solve the problem. No such luck.

Any Polaris 360ers out ther?

Is the hose too short? It should be able to reach the furthest wall so it can loop back around.

The hose used to reach the farthest point, which happens to be my steps in the shallow end. The offset wheels of the Polaris matched perfectly with the curve of the step. consequently, the Polaris would just spin in the corner where the step meets the pool wall. I shortened the hose about two inches at a time until it was just short of reaching the steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.