Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360 stays in one area

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Polaris 360 stays in one area

My 360 reaches the end of the hose's reach and just sits there and spins. When the reverse valve kicks in, the cleaner is pulled away from its spot but returns there once the forward motion returns.

I shortened the hose until it would not reach the pool steps, the farthest point, which is where it used to hang up constantly. I thought by shortening the hose and keeping the wheels off the steps would solve the problem. No such luck.

Any Polaris 360ers out ther?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 360 stays in one area

have you turned the little steering jet at the back? Give it about a 5 degree push one way or the other. If its already turned try the other way.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Is the hose too short? It should be able to reach the furthest wall so it can loop back around.
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Is the hose too short? It should be able to reach the furthest wall so it can loop back around.
    The hose used to reach the farthest point, which happens to be my steps in the shallow end. The offset wheels of the Polaris matched perfectly with the curve of the step. consequently, the Polaris would just spin in the corner where the step meets the pool wall. I shortened the hose about two inches at a time until it was just short of reaching the steps.