Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test Results

1. Back To Top    #1

Test Results

Pool has been up and running 1 week. SWCG set at 50%. Added since opening 1 gallon of MA, (ph was 8.2) 8# of CYA, 3# of calcium hypochlorite shock & about 50 oz. of bleach over the course of one week.

Numbers as of today using Waterlink Datamate?? and cross checked with Taylor kit:

FC 3.3
    TC. 4.21
    CC 0.91
    PH 7.8
    Hardness 44
    ALK 130
    CYA 38
    Salt 3000 (SWG says 3100-3200)

I will take a sample to another store tomorrow for another opinion and order a test kit as well. Water is clear. I can see drains in 6 feet, but I feel like it could be a bit better.

We have had tons of rain the past week, in fact I have only been on the pool once. I had to pump to waste about an inch today.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Pool store said all was well and just let the SWG do it's thing.
    28,000 IG vinyl liner, 20x40 4-6ft "Mountian Lake"
    Hayward Aqua plus SWCG, Hayward Superpump 1.5 HP VS pump, 3 Savi Melody lights, Hayward Pro Series Top Mount sand filter, and Aqua Pod wireless control.

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston, TX

Re: Test Results

Welcome to TFP!

Other than pH I would leave it be until you get your good test kit in.

pH I would bring down to 7.5, the SWG is going to continuously drive it up, depending on the pool you will probably be adding MA once a week or so.

Post back here once you get your kit, I'm curious as to what the CCs really are.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit