Aqualink PDA Issue

Jun 10, 2014
Frisco, TX
Hi all - I have an Aqualink RS with PDA. I am experiencing an issue whereas when the outside temperature gets above about 80 - 85 degrees, the PDA will not connect. Once the temperature goes down, it operates normally. I have relocated the J-Box to a shaded are so it is out of the direct sunlight. Any ideas as to what the cause may be and how I may be able to rectify it? Thanks in advance!!

I did check inside the J-box and tightened all connections in the panel. it is some type of overheating issue with the J- box in my opinion. I held an ice pack on the J- box yesterday and after doing so for a couple of minutes, it worked. Odd...

- - - Updated - - -

The J-box is not in direct sunlight by the way. It is under a Pergola so the sun doesn't hit it.

Same here - ours starts disconnecting when it gets hot (it's in the sun until noon). Now that we have it in complete shade it's all good! I think you can change the channel (frequency) somewhere in the setup (may have to be an installer) - that may help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.