Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqualink PDA Issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqualink PDA Issue

Hi all - I have an Aqualink RS with PDA. I am experiencing an issue whereas when the outside temperature gets above about 80 - 85 degrees, the PDA will not connect. Once the temperature goes down, it operates normally. I have relocated the J-Box to a shaded are so it is out of the direct sunlight. Any ideas as to what the cause may be and how I may be able to rectify it? Thanks in advance!!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Aqualink PDA Issue

sorry i have not heard anything like this, have you opened the J-Box to check inside to make sure it is clean and no insect ingress has occurred. Also check all cable connections to the 485 connectors on the main pcb in the power centre.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

3. Back To Top    #3

I did check inside the J-box and tightened all connections in the panel. it is some type of overheating issue with the J- box in my opinion. I held an ice pack on the J- box yesterday and after doing so for a couple of minutes, it worked. Odd...

- - - Updated - - -

The J-box is not in direct sunlight by the way. It is under a Pergola so the sun doesn't hit it.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I would place a call to Jandy. We have many pools with PDAs and I'm not aware of any heat related issues.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

5. Back To Top    #5

We have the same issue with ours although at slightly higher temps. I just throw some shade on it and that seems to do the trick.
    29,000 gallon, concrete pool and spa, SE PA
    Jandy 2HP pump, Raypak 400 heater, Polaris 380

6. Back To Top    #6

Same here - ours starts disconnecting when it gets hot (it's in the sun until noon). Now that we have it in complete shade it's all good! I think you can change the channel (frequency) somewhere in the setup (may have to be an installer) - that may help
    Steve
    Deep in the Heart......errrr HEAT of Texas
    20k gallon gunite formal