Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Barracuda pool cleaner HELP!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Barracuda pool cleaner HELP!!

Today I received a barracuda pool cleaner thunking it would relieve me of my weekly duty of sweeping the pool. My pool is a 24 foot agp that doesnt have a very level bottom. I bought this one because of a recommendation from another thread because they said it would clean uneven floors the best. it will go over the dips in the floor and completely miss them. I would have thought it would at least jusr suck the dust off the floor but no. I have tried to adjust the suction, and it is getting pleanty now, but it still wont get the unlevel parts. I almost think I need a cleaner that has bristles tall enough to dip into the crevices and stir it up. does anybody have any suggestions?
    24' Sharkline Venture AGP
    1.5HP Hayward Pump and Sand Filter
    Waveglow Jet Thru-wall LED Light

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Barracuda pool cleaner HELP!!

I suggest changing the thread title.
    Intex UltraFrame 14'x48in - 3,900 gallons. Intex 1600 GPH combo Sand Filter/SWG Hard Plumbed w/Hayward skimmer, suction & return. Borates.
    And... 15k gallon kidney shaped gunite 1975 vintage. Hayward DE3620 filter + Hayward 750 pump.
    TF100 Test Kit | Pool School | Pool Math

3. Back To Top    #3

Don't wear anything shiny if you have a Barracuda in your pool!!!
    Installed May 2014 - 16' x 48" Summer Escapes Pro Series Pool AG Vinyl (6,000 gal) - Intex 2650 Sand Filter - Christmas, FL

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by PhilDeez View Post
    Today I received a barracuda pool cleaner thunking it would relieve me of my weekly duty of sweeping the pool. My pool is a 24 foot agp that doesnt have a very level bottom. I bought this one because of a recommendation from another thread because they said it would clean uneven floors the best. it will go over the dips in the floor and completely miss them. I would have thought it would at least jusr suck the dust off the floor but no. I have tried to adjust the suction, and it is getting pleanty now, but it still wont get the unlevel parts. I almost think I need a cleaner that has bristles tall enough to dip into the crevices and stir it up. does anybody have any suggestions?
    i think most any cleaner is going to have issues with unlevel floors. When you say "dips" are you meaning like dents in the floor or what? I have 2 such dents in my new pool floor, and I have to hit them with a brush, my barracuda wont get all the dirt out of them either. it cleans everything else just fine though.
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!