Copper looking stains

Thump4863

May 13, 2014
Oklahoma City
I started getting these copper looking stains last year. It seems like I am starting to get more. I'm not sure exactly what they are or how to fix. I tried a vitamin c tablet on it but it didn't seem to take it off. I used a chlorine puck and it removed it. Any ideas of something to put in to take them off. Scrubbing would take forever as there are quite a few of them. Thanks for the help!

I started getting these copper looking stains last year. It seems like I am starting to get more. I'm not sure exactly what they are or how to fix. I tried a vitamin c tablet on it but it didn't seem to take it off. I used a chlorine puck and it removed it. Any ideas of something to put in to take them off. Scrubbing would take forever as there are quite a few of them. Thanks for the help!

I have the same stains, not as many though...I took a length of pvc, and put it over the spot and add Mauriac Acid down the pipe...which removed it. I wish I could cure the problem though...

Ok so I tried the PVC pipe with muriatic acid and it didn't do anything. I also bought some powdered shock since the trichlor tab seemed to work, but the shock when broadcasted on them didn't take it off. I left it on for a minute then brushed the area. I also retried the vitamin c and it still didn't work.

Thoughts on how to proceed?

I'm interested in this as well as I have them as well only on the wall on 1 side and not the floor... wife threw down granular pesticide around pool pavers while I was out of town for 2 weeks..maybe Al Sulfate or something...??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.