Ants in the pool ??

cnatra

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 2, 2014
Houston TX
Anyone ever experience ants in their pool ?

I had all these guys in there a couple weeks ago then located a tiny hole between deck & rock waterfall where they were crawling out & then falling into the pool
& I guess trying to nest in the waterfall.

I sprayed that one spot with ant spray but now I'm seeing more in the pool today.

Could they be in the pipes of the waterfall ??? :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Got the exact same thing right now. I figure it's just a hatch that won't last long. If I remember my entomology, winged ants are the potential future queens that get kicked out of the colony and have to go out to try to start their own colony. Although dramatic, swarming ants pose no harm or risk of increased ant infestation.

We had those winged ants taking a swim this past weekend. It took a while to net all of them out. I saw only a few floating around today.

Been raining here in AL and we get them. I call them flying ants and the darn things sting too! Been battling them as long as I can remember. But they come and go. Ants also love 2 things, water and rocks. Put a little cornmeal out, away from the pool. My Terminix person swears by it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.