Vacuum adapter for Intex Ultra Frame 22' AGP

Jun 10, 2014
Lafayette, LA
Hello guys!

I am new to the pool crew. I just put up an Intex Ultra Frame 22' AGP. I need a better vacuum system than the garden hose thing. Do you know if this adapter will screw onto the intake side of the filter pump? I dont have the skimmer and i just want to hook up a vacuum to the filter pump. its a 2500 gpm paper filter pump. It also has the plunger valves. Heres a pic of the adapter:

31cg7hLELNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If not can i just put the vacuum hose into the hole and it will stay? Sorry so many questions. Trying to learn. :)

Thanks for your help!

That fitting did screw onto my 18' Ultra Frame intake.

I bought the Intex deluxe pool care kit for $40 that came with a hose and vacuum and am happy with the way it works.

Welcome to TFP! :goodjob:

Yes that attachment will screw on to the intake sidewall fitting. However I too bought the Intex deluxe pool maintenance kit like duckcmmdr. It included that attachment along with another attachment just like that one but of smaller diameter. That attachment is actually the attachment used for the skimmer which is also included in the deluxe kit! The kit also includes a telescoping pole, A vacuum head and body with leaf screen, A leaf net, A brush, and over 20 foot of 1" vacuum hose. The smaller diameter fitting is for the vacuum hose, I use that fitting for my skimmer.

However!

If you have a standard vacuum hose and pole with vacuum head that pump should allow you to just push the hose in the hole and it stay there without any fittings...... although not using a debris bag may cause you to have quick loss of suction and or pump motor issues if something were to get sucked up into your pump/filter. If you are using the newer twist style plunger valves using any vacuum may also cause the anti-suction valve to allow air into your pump and also cause you problems. There is clear plastic caps that are supposed to go over the anti suction valve on the twist style plunger to not allow air in the system. remove after vacuuming....

Hope this helps!

Hello guys!

I am new to the pool crew. I just put up an Intex Ultra Frame 22' AGP. I need a better vacuum system than the garden hose thing. Do you know if this adapter will screw onto the intake side of the filter pump? I dont have the skimmer and i just want to hook up a vacuum to the filter pump. its a 2500 gpm paper filter pump. It also has the plunger valves. Heres a pic of the adapter:

31cg7hLELNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If not can i just put the vacuum hose into the hole and it will stay? Sorry so many questions. Trying to learn. :)

Thanks for your help!

Like others have said this should work for you. And I just bought a 35' vacuum hose from walmart that has a couple short pieces of the clear rubber hose to use as adapters and it works on the adapter you have pictured. If you find a hose that doesn't have adapters you can go to the hardware store with the fitting and figure out what size tubing will work for your hose.

A month old thread now, but it was brought to my attention from another thread.

I have a 22' (does the vacuum, skimmer, and stuff no longer come with the pool? Mine did but that was 3 years ago...) with the 2600 gph paper filter and this year I tried to vacuum the bottom when opening up by just connecting the hose to the piece shown above. Worked for about 30 seconds before I was turning the filter off, draining, cleaning not only the filter but also disconnecting the hose and cleaning the grid where the hose connects to the filter/pump.

I gave it another go and 30 seconds the filter was plugged up again. That little netting inside the vacuum connection that goes into the skimmer really collects almost everything and with that I usually either vacuum the entire pool or only have to clean the filter once. I gave up on the 2nd time with trying to vacuum straight to the filter and left the vacuuming until we got a few more inches of rain that I could connect up the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.