Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360 hose getting tangled

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360 hose getting tangled

Hi all...recently my Polaris 360 hose will 'corkscrew' itself when the reverse valve kicks in. The valve won't pull the cleaner straight backward, it will twist and corkscrew until it's all tangled up on itself.

It's never done this before....anyone have any ideas why? Thanks in advance!
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 360 hose getting tangled

You might call a pool store for advice. Leslie's bought the local Pool Warehouse Supply which had great staff. They did (still do) free Polaris check ups, just buy the parts from them. If your store has good staff and does similar work, they may have someone who can suggest what is up with that.

How old is the hose? I was recently told that the hose should be replaced about every 3 years. I got the whole thing online, wall connect, swivels, floats and all for just over $100. That and a few bearings that the store added, plus a fine sand bag and I am in love with the Polaris again.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply. I've replaced most (if not all) of the hose over the past 5-6 years, but not all at once.
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

4. Back To Top    #4

FYI...I replaced one of the hose swivels and that seems to have fixed my tangling issue.