? on using PVC pipe/standard plumbing materials on an Intex system

mag1

Jun 9, 2014
Greenville, Wi
Hi all, new here. Been trying to figure some things out, but not much time to do so. I have a Ø18'x52" ultra frame SWG setup with the stock pump. I'm in Wis. so the water stays cold until mid july. I did see a video on making a solar heater for it, which is easy enough to do.
My questions have to do with:
1) trying to get standard plumbing fittings/pipe (Ø1.5") to fit up with the inlet/outlets from the pool. I did see some examples, but I'm not sure of the best way to do it, what glue to use, etc.... economical also.
2) I do see a new pump/filter setup maybe next year. Any recommendations? do you have to use certain ones with the SWG setups?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Home built solar heaters are generally a waste of money, solar heat is all about area of the solar collectors, to be effective at heating a pool you need panels that equate to at least 50% of the surface area of the pool. Once you consider that you can buy a 40 sq ft panel kit from Amazon for under $140, it gets hard to imagine building anything with enough surface area yourself on that kind of budget.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.