Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ? on using PVC pipe/standard plumbing materials on an Intex system

1. Back To Top    #1

? on using PVC pipe/standard plumbing materials on an Intex system

Hi all, new here. Been trying to figure some things out, but not much time to do so. I have a 18'x52" ultra frame SWG setup with the stock pump. I'm in Wis. so the water stays cold until mid july. I did see a video on making a solar heater for it, which is easy enough to do.
    My questions have to do with:
    1) trying to get standard plumbing fittings/pipe (1.5") to fit up with the inlet/outlets from the pool. I did see some examples, but I'm not sure of the best way to do it, what glue to use, etc.... economical also.
    2) I do see a new pump/filter setup maybe next year. Any recommendations? do you have to use certain ones with the SWG setups?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ? on using PVC pipe/standard plumbing materials on an Intex system

Home built solar heaters are generally a waste of money, solar heat is all about area of the solar collectors, to be effective at heating a pool you need panels that equate to at least 50% of the surface area of the pool. Once you consider that you can buy a 40 sq ft panel kit from Amazon for under $140, it gets hard to imagine building anything with enough surface area yourself on that kind of budget.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~