New Plaster and now this??? What is this?

cole1

Jun 10, 2014
Tulsa, Oklahoma
There are a few areas like this... But this is the worst of them. I had the pool replastered last summer and this happened right after and has not gotten any better. The water tests good and these dark streaks are very smooth to the touch. Sand paper, steel brush have no effect on this...??? I contacted my pool company at the end of the year last year and he agreed that it was not normal but said to wait until this year and he would come out when he could get in the water and try a couple things... Its not as noticeable when its really sunny but for that amount of money I don't feel like I should have to deal with ugly streaks in the pool??? Any advice?

IMG_1071.jpgIMG_1074.jpg

Hi, welcome to TFP! What was the finish on the plaster supposed to look like? It gives the appearance that the color was not mixed into the plaster very well, or that there was some sort of bleed through going on.

Well it sounds like they already agreed it wasn't normal and would come out to take a look at it. So maybe it will already be taken care of soon. Or it will be like most companies I've dealt with and you won't hear from them and then when you call back they will tell you the guy that promised to fix everything doesn't work there anymore.

Well it sounds like they already agreed it wasn't normal and would come out to take a look at it. So maybe it will already be taken care of soon. Or it will be like most companies I've dealt with and you won't hear from them and then when you call back they will tell you the guy that promised to fix everything doesn't work there anymore.

HAHA... Thanks Gil... Thats what I'm afraid of! They have been really good to work with so far and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I was just asking these questions to see if anyone else knew what this is or a fix for it in case things don't work out the way I hope!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.