Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New AquaPure PLC 1400 always shows Cell Reversing

1. Back To Top    #1

New AquaPure PLC 1400 always shows Cell Reversing

Hi all,

Wondering if someone can shed some light on what might be happening. I upgraded my older square AquaPure 1400 to a new one. In the kit I bought it had a new cell and the little TriSensor Adapter board.

I have an older AquaPure 1400 with the AKC09 front board and in the directions that came with it, it was indicated to use the jumper on AKC13 boards. When I run it without the jumper, I get an error of 172 and 180 so I thought, "hey, why not" my board might be older and put the jumper on - when I do that all seems to work, but the panel always shows that the cell is reversing.

When the jumper is off, I get a service light and nothing else.

The firmware of my board is 11230A05. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

I tried calling Zodiac but they said to call a service person since they don't talk to owners... I can, but the AC on the house died a couple days ago and I am seeing what I can do myself....

Thanks, Chris
    17,000 Freeform IG Gunite,Gray Plaster,Tanning Ledge, 8f tRaised Spa with 8 jets, Jandy Aquapure Salt System,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New AquaPure PLC 1400 always shows Cell Reversing

Not sure. I have the same model, but have never seen that error.

Some parts of the manual advise running it for 24 hours (or waiting until it has run for 24 hours) -- have you run it for more than 24 hours yet? If not, be patient. Some things about the Aquapure just take some time to work themselves out.

Do make 100% sure you have not installed the salt cell backwards.

Do you have the owners manual and diagnostic manual? I have both and can share them with you if you don't already have them. I found them easily using a Google search. The diagnostic manual has a flowchart for troubleshooting specific error messages.
    Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley)
    15k gallon in-ground (IG) pool (I believe it's plaster)
    DE filter (Heyward), using cellulose instead of DE
    Jandy APURE1400 3-port salt cell

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi ddas,

No, I just installed it so it has not been 24 hours yet and it is installed the correct direction. I have found the manuals but they did not really mention the always reversing thing and I was concerned about the jumper. I will let it go a bit longer to see if that helps.

Chris
    17,000 Freeform IG Gunite,Gray Plaster,Tanning Ledge, 8f tRaised Spa with 8 jets, Jandy Aquapure Salt System,

4. Back To Top    #4

Update - ddas, you were right, after being on for 2 days or so, it seems to be running without the "cell reversing" light being on. I still have the jumper on though....

Thanks! Chris