Service light blinking 2 times on AutoPilot Soft Touch

Jun 10, 2014
Pearl River
A little back ground on this pool. We bought a foreclosed home that had a black green pool in the back yard with an AutoPilot Soft Touch System. The first summer we highered a pool man to come clean and get the pool ready for swimming. Understand, I live in South Louisiana. He dumped alot of chlorine in the pool and vacuumed it. Then told me to put 3 pounds of chlorine in every week. The pool was pretty that summer.
After speaking with people who also own SWG I was wondering why I was adding chlorine at all. Everyone said that I shouldn't be. Trying to shorten this story. Anyway, last year I replaced the salt cell with an Aqupool SWG (just the salt cell). Boy was that a bad move. Not only did I find out that the one I bought was to small for the pool but you can not change brands.

So, here I am this year. After talking to AutoPilot ALOT, I ordered a new salt cell and cord. They told me that once I had replaced it the system would recognize it and re-calibrate it's self. WRONG!!! I manually re-calibrated the system. And guess what, that's right, the light is still blinking 2 times. I called AutoPilot again only to be told that my mother board is probably fried and I needed to have someone to come look at it. I finally found a pool supply place that does warranty work for Auto Pilot in my area but, they are to busy at $125 a pop to come check out the system. No, the system is not under warranty and I did not order the new cell and cord from Auto Pilot. I could not afford their price for it.

Here is where I am now. Yesterday, I took a sample of water to my local pool supply place because after alot of swimming this weekend the water is clear but the deep end is cloudy. They had me add 5 pounds of shock and 10 pound of Alkalinity up. Today, the pool is alittle better. But, now it is raining. This morning I also listed the RC-52 Salt Cell and Cord on Ebay. I'm so tired of fighting this pool.

Do I try to fix the system or just convert to chlorine?

Thank you for not only listening but for whatever advice you can give me.

Welcome to TFP!

I like my SWG, and would repair/replace it if it broke, but many people here prefer to add chlorine manually. Overall I think it is roughly 50/50 SWG and manual chlorine addition, with a small but growing group using some other way of automatically adding chlorine.

Regardless of what is going on with the SWG, you do need to maintain the water chemistry in the mean time. If you post a full set of water test results we can make some suggestions about that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.