Safety pool cover replacement cost - Holy cow!!!!

May 26, 2012
Jackson/New Jersey
Hi, I have a custom shaped pool 18x33 at the widest/farthest. The original cover is shot(15 years old) and I need a new one. It was a Merlin Solid cover. I just got a quote from the dealer that the previous owner bought it from and it was $4,520.00 before taxes... I plan on checking with other Merlin dealers...

Since the anchors are already installed in the concrete(and I have the metal straps), can I go with a different pool cover brand. I can give measurements for the cover? I actually have a sketch of the pool without the measurements.

I just think $4,520.00 is crazy, oh and that includes a pool closing(which I do myself anyway) - lol

thanks,
Brian

Attachments

• Pool_Cover.jpg
    Pool_Cover.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 136
With a good drawing of your pool or even better yet the locations of the anchors, I'd think you could buy a quality cover online for less than $2K. I bought a Loop-Loc for my 20X36 grecian for ~$1200 8 years ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.