Pool chemical safety

KristenNScott

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2013
kansas
I've been posting on the Pool Opening forum and received great help. My water looks great and my FC and CC are great -- working on getting CYA up.

Anyway, as I've been testing repeatedly and adding chlorine repeatedly, and now adding CYA repeatedly (because adding slowly), I have been wondering about the safety of working with the chemicals. Should I be wearing gloves, a mask and safety glasses? Today as I was putting in the CYA (some of which is in a stocking hanging in front of the water exchange and I was squeezing it as I saw in another post) I started getting concerned about the long term affects of the chemical exposure. I searched the forum and couldn't find anything about recommendations or best practices. Am I the only one concerned about this. What do others do?

When handing muriatic acid you should wear glasses or safety goggles. Also stay away from the fumes from muriatic acid. DE should not be breathed in.

Most of the rest are not all that dangerous. It never hurts to wear gloves, but they aren't really needed. And of course never eat any of the pool chemicals (except baking soda of course).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.