Prepping for New Pool

Hi, I am so glad I found this site and have been reading for awhile some real valuable information. I am in the process of leveling to put up an Intex style Pro Series Frame Pool listed below. I received my TF-100 test kit today and tested my tap water from the hose. I would love some help on where I should start chemical wise once it is filled. I do plan on using the methods suggested here. My readings providing I did it properly are as follows:

FC 1.0
CC 1.0
TC 2.0
PH 7.2
TA 70
CH 100ppm
CYA 0

Thanks in advance for the help and advice... Andrew

Welcome to TFP!

Add 2 ppm of chlorine this evening and each evening until 24 hours after adding CYA. Then switch to adding chlorine to reach your target level based on your CYA level.

Start adding CYA to raise CYA to the 30 to 40 range.

If CC doesn't come down very soon you may need to SLAM the pool, but I suspect it will vanish quickly once you add some chlorine.

PH, TA, and CH levels are all fine.

Hi, welcome to TFP! You will need some CYA. You can either buy a container of pool stabilizer (or pool conditioner) and use poolmath (link at the top left of the page) to calculate how much you need, or use dichlor granules to raise CYA and FC and stop using it when your CYA reaches 30 ppm.

Responders,

I am pretty sure the test results are tap water. No pool up just yet.

Assuming that, your tap water is excellent and you will only need to add chlorine and CYA once your pool is up

Thanks for all the responses.
Responders,

I am pretty sure the test results are tap water. No pool up just yet.

Assuming that, your tap water is excellent and you will only need to add chlorine and CYA once your pool is up

You are correct. Thanks. I am hoping to have it up by the weekend if this rain ever stops. Then it's time for the calculator.

I am going to do the CYA in a sock but a question I have is do I add all the amount of bleach it calls for at once, or add a little over a few days?

All at once. Initially you should be testing every day until you learn your pools appetite for chemicals. Don't bother testing your CYA until a week after putting it in. It takes a while to be fully dissolved and register on the test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.