Need help with my SWG pool balancing.

Jun 18, 2013
Intex 12x24 w/ newer intex SWG.
all was ok last season and everything looked fine, but the green/blue build up in the electrolyte chamber..

Chlorine level was low, and I tried running the SWG more hours to try and get it to go up, but it didnt work...
Added more salt, and ran the SWG on Boost, which mainly resulted in Copper levels which are sky rocketing (around 1.3 or more)

PH levels are a little low, alkalinity seems alright.

I cleaned the electrolyte chamber just with water and a cloth, so it mostly clean (didnt use vinegar yet)

After cleaning the chamber, the SWG now gives error 92 : High salt. so i am guessing it wasnt really lacking salt, but probably the buildup interfered with its performance.

now what do I do , I have high salt , and very High Copper...

I haven't added stabilizer since last year.

Free CL is probably around 0.5
PH is around 7.0
Alkalinity is around 70
Copper is 1.3

I dont have a way to measure salt, but the SWG now says theres too much :-(

any ideas other than draining half the water and re filling ?

The only way to get rid of excess salt is to drain and refill. The SWG will not work with salt levels too high. You could maintain with bleach and leave the SWG off if you don't want to drain any water. You can also unplug the copper bar to prevent further copper build up in the water. A drain and refill will lower the copper level as well.

You can get tests for salt, either drop based or strips so this doesn't happen again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.