Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Winterizing

1. Back To Top    #1
    S.E. Wisconsin

Intex Winterizing

I was just wondering what everyone else does with their Intex pool. Mainly the people that have them where they experience freezing wether.

We have an Intex Easyset pool and take it down every winter. Our pool gets stored in the garage along with the pump and sand filter(which gets new sand every year because it gets dumped.

Anyone leave their pool up?

18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Winterizing

I left my Pop up, up year round, here in North Carolina I don't have to worry to much about Freezing temps..Now for the first time it's stored in the garage, since I took it out of the box 4 years ago.
    I'm not sure yet, if i leave the big boy up. I would like to get it in a different spot in the Yard, but not sure how Hubby feels about it

24' x52" Intex metal frame
    Pentair sand dollar SD60
    Original pump 2500gph

"5 years of BBB, and loving it"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex Winterizing

I have an intex, it is almost 5 years old and I have never taken it down for the winter. I just pop the cover on, drain the sand filter, and let it go.
    Hurricane Rita did not kill me, but she killed my pool!

Intex 36'X18'x52" "elliptical pool"/ Hayward 220 filter/1HP pump 14,364 gal, or so