Above ground pool not floating?

Jun 9, 2014
Pekin
His is hard to explain. But the above ground pool we have is a triangle. And the only inflated part is the ring at the top. We inflated that with air. And your supposed to be able to put your water hose in the pool and let it fill up with water. And the water is supposed to make the pool rise and be normal shape. But it fills with water and doesn't rise like it's supposed to.

Does anybody kknow why it isn't?

if you could post a pic of the pool, it might help understand what might be going on..
His is hard to explain. But the above ground pool we have is a triangle. And the only inflated part is the ring at the top. We inflated that with air. And your supposed to be able to put your water hose in the pool and let it fill up with water. And the water is supposed to make the pool rise and be normal shape. But it fills with water and doesn't rise like it's supposed to.

Does anybody kknow why it isn't?

Have you tried getting in and holding the inflated ring up so the water gets under it? Maybe the pressure from the ring is keeping the water from getting to the rest of the pool. I know when I did the kids round pool like that years ago we helped it rise for the first foot or two.

There is not enough air in the ring. It should be full and taut to have enough lift to raise the sides of the pool as it fills with water. Was the water flowing out over the ring as you tried to fill the pool?

There is not enough air in the ring. It should be full and taut to have enough lift to raise the sides of the pool as it fills with water. Was the water flowing out over the ring as you tried to fill the pool?

+1 The ring looks a little under inflated to me too. I don't remember having problems getting ours to rise but maybe we did. Water hose pressure shouldn't make a hill of beans difference.

I would fill it few inches and then air up the ring more. It should just start rising with the water level. Go look at the last picture of the first post on my build. It is a picture of our easy set pool one day when my wife caught it dumping water after the ring had deflated some because of a leak.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/73855-Our-L-A-(Lower-Arkansas)-pool-install

I agree, that is under inflated. Still, it should at least start to float a little bit. Water pressure/speed of fill is irrelevant.

I have had a severely deflated ring before and as long as nothing disturbed the pool it held its water. But yeah, i could see a possible scenario where an under inflated ring might get "run over" by the fill water when the pool is empty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree, that is under inflated. Still, it should at least start to float a little bit. Water pressure/speed of fill is irrelevant.

I have had a severely deflated ring before and as long as nothing disturbed the pool it held its water. But yeah, i could see a possible scenario where an under inflated ring might get "run over" by the fill water when the pool is empty.

I just wonder if maybe the water was getting out where the hose was laying... hence the need for more air in the ring. And I think there may be a fine line between the ring lifting the walls and the water supporting the side walls with pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.